Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Every year it seems to be the same thing. The kids start out so excited to carve their pumpkins. That lasts about 2 minutes and then mom is left to do the rest. I usually ended up carving five pumpkins. This year they were better and they did a lot of the work themselves. Katie hates the smell of the raw pumpkin so I know I'll always end up finishing her pumpkin. At least she stuck her hand in it this year. Way to go, Katie!!
EEWWWW, GROSS!!!
All the kids insisted on using their hands instead of the spoon. I don't know why. I bought one of those cool carving spoons. It didn't last though.
Showing off their final product. Good job guys. They drew the face they wanted and I carved it out for them.
NICE JACK-O-LANTERNS
By the time I took this picture they had been sitting outside for a couple of days. I think they were frozen solid.






1 comment:

  1. Way to stick your hand in this year Katie. Good job!! We had very stinky pumpkins this year. For some reason it struck me as hilarious that your pumpkins were frozen solid...too funny!!

    ReplyDelete